If a plant-based diet stops you from eating egg fried rice, we have a solution for you. In this recipe we make egg fried rice completely plant-based with PlantMade Vegetarian Anda.
Fried rice is the most popular dish in East Asia and South Asian regions. It is usually made with cooked rice, vegetables, meat etc.
Research says it first developed in China. Many countries have their own version of fried rice.
China Fried Rice:
Yangzhou fried rice is the most famous fried rice in China. It originated in Yangzhou China. It is made with cooked rice and a mixture of different ingredients like vegetables, pork, shrimp, and scrambled egg.
Korean Fried rice:
In Korea, fried rice is called bokkeumbap, there are different varieties of bokkeumbap available. Kimchi bokkeumbap is the most popular fried rice. It is usually made with leftover rice, kimchi and vegetables. In Korean style fried rice recipes instead of scrambled egg, sunny side up egg is used.
Japanese Fried Rice:
Yakimeshi is one of the most popular Japanese style fried rice. Short Grain Fried rice are mostly used in this fried rice along with the Japanese flavor.
Now, let's move to our recipe, egg fried rice plant based way by using PlantMade Vegetarian Anda
- PlantMade Vegetarian Anda - ½ cup
- Onion, finely chopped- 1 tbsp
- Beans, finely chopped- 1 tbsp
- Carrot, finely chopped- 1 tbsp
- Bell peppers, finely chopped- 1 tbsp
- Broth powder
- Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Cooked rice- 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion greens- to garnish
- In a pan, heat up the oil. Add the PlantMade egg and let it cook.
- In a separate pan, add the oil, beans, carrots, onion and bell pepper and sauté it.
- Add the broth powder, vinegar and saute. Add the rice and saute.
- Once the egg is cooked to your desired doneness, add egg to the fried rice and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh spring onions and serve.