• Bay leaf- 1
• Clove- 3
• Cardamom- 3
• Whole red chili- 1
• Coriander seeds- 2 tsp
• Jeera- 1⁄2 tsp
• Black pepper-1/2 tsp
• Green Chili-1
• Chili powder- to taste
• Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
• Soaked soy beans-1/4 cup
• Soy nutrinuggets-1/4 cup
• Maida-1/4 cup
• Salt-to taste
• Garlic- 1 tsp
• Ginger-1 inch
• Coriander leaves- to garnish
• Toast the dry masalas until it releases its aroma. Pound it in a mortar and
pestle until coarse.
• In a Khadai, add oil and finely chopped onions until golden brown. Add the
finely chopped tomatoes, green chili, red chili powder and turmeric powder and cook
slowly until the oil separates and begins to float.
• To make the Soya Chaap, Make a fine paste out of the soaked soya bean.
Blanch the Soya nuggets and mince it. Make a dough out of these ingredients with
flour and salt.
• Make small dumplings out of the dough and poach it until it floats on the
• In a Khadai, add oil and chopped garlic. Add large dices capsicum and onions.
• Add the Soy Chaap and cook followed by the coarsely ground dry spice mix.
• Add the Onion tomato Masala.
• Add Finely chopped green chili, coriander leaves and finely chopped ginger.