Are you getting bored of eating the same thing for breakfast? Then we have a backup for you. In this recipe. We make an Italian dish called Frittata in a plant-based way!
What is Frittata?
Frittata is an Italian dish which is usually made with beaten eggs, heavy cream, milk, and cheese. There are other additional ingredients like potatoes, mushrooms, etc added to make it more tasty. It can also be served with side dishes like salads and bread.
Frittata v/s Omelette
Frittata and omelette are kind of a similar dish since both have the same primary ingredient which is egg, but the cooking method and filling makes the frittata different from omelette.
In Frittata all the ingredients are added to the egg mixture before adding the egg mixture to a pan. On the other hand in an omelette, the ingredients or filling are added after adding the mixture of eggs in a pan and folds the egg once it is cooked. Frittata can also be cooked in an oven.
Frittata v/s Quiche
Like omelete, Quiche and Frittata both have the same base ingredient is egg, but in Quiche the base has crust while Frittata doesn't have a crust base
In this recipe we make Potato Herbs Frittata in a plant way by using PlantMade Vegetarian Anda.
- Vegetarian Anda Powder
- Thin Slices of Potato
- Thin slices of Pepper
- Parsley and thyme
- Wash and cut the thin slices of potatoes and pepper.
- Take a bowl, and add thin slices of potato, pepper, parsley, and thyme. Season them with salt, and pepper.
- In a mixer jar, add three teaspoons of veg anda powder, 10 gm of oil, and 60 gm of water. Mix it well in the mixer.
- Once the batter is ready, add the batter to a vegetable bowl and mix it well.
- Now take a hot oil pan and add the mixture to a pan. Cook the mixture slowly on a medium so that the vegetables cook properly.
- Cook the frittata until it gets golden brown.
- Serve with bread.