Ah, winter — the time when we huddle under blankets, seeking solace in the embrace of a steaming cup of chai or coffee. Isn’t it fascinating how a simple sip can transport us to a realm of cozy comfort, making us forget the biting chill outside? There’s something almost magical about the way these warm elixirs comforts our senses, infusing us with a sense of warmth and contentment. As the winter frost settles in, and the air becomes crisp with a hint of magic, our taste buds along with the soothing beverages, eagerly anticipate the comforting embrace of soul-warming dishes as well. So, what better way to celebrate the season than with a delightful array of hearty, vegan recipes that not only nourish the body but also soothe the spirit?
But let’s pause for a moment and ponder — what makes a dish truly winter-worthy? Is it the gentle warmth that seeps into our bones or the burst of flavors that evoke memories of crackling fireplaces and snow-draped landscapes? Perhaps it’s the hearty ingredients that lend themselves to an array of enticing textures and aromas, creating a symphony of taste that sings of comfort and indulgence.
As we dive into the heart of winter, let’s cozy up to a treasure trove of vegan delights that promise to add a touch of warmth and joy to these chilly days. From simmering stews to decadent desserts, let’s explore the wealth of possibilities that the winter season offers! Let’s Embrace the winter chill with these soul-warming vegan delights capturing the true essence of the season’s abundance!”
- BRAISED MUSHROOMS WITH POLENTA
This recipe is perfect for the mushroom lovers in your group. The prepared polenta makes the perfect base for the braised mushrooms and makes for a hearty combination that’s perfect for those cold winter nights.
- 1pound assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake and porcini)
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2large shallot, finely chopped
- 1large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 4cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1tablespoon tomato paste
- 2cups Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 4sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1bay leaf
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1package (18-ounce tube) prepared polenta
- STEP 1- Cut mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. In a pot or Dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add half the mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a plate, add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan, and brown remaining mushrooms. Transfer to the plate.
- STEP 2- With the oil left in the pan add shallots, carrot, salt, and pepper. Sauté until tender, 6–8 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- STEP 3-Add mushrooms back to pan along with 2 cups broth, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, partially covered, until mushrooms are very tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard thyme and bay leaf.
- STEP 4-In a small bowl stir flour with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Add flour mixture to mushrooms and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- STEP 5-While mushrooms cook, combine prepared polenta with remaining 3/4 cup broth in a medium saucepan. Heat until liquid comes to a boil. With an immersion blender, puree polenta to make a creamy consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- STEP 6-Serve mushrooms over polenta and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
2- CHICKPEA AND SPINACH CURRY
“Meet your winter comfort champion: the chickpea and spinach curry. Packed with cozy vibes and a spicy kick, it’s the ultimate cold-weather companion, bringing a burst of warmth and flavor to your table faster than you can say ‘snuggle season’!”
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1large yellow onion, diced
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 2teaspoons minced peeled ginger root
- 1to 2 serrano or jalapeño pepper, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2teaspoons curry powder
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (or one 30 ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 1cup Cashew Unsweetened Original Plant-Based Beverage
- 1cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2tomato, diced
- 5ounces baby spinach
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2–1 whole lemon)
- STEP 1- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and jalapeño pepper and cook for 1 minute, then add the curry powder, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Let cook for 30 seconds.
- STEP 2- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, cashew milk, and vegetable broth and bring to a low boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened and breaking down.
- STEP 3-Add the spinach in batches, letting it wilt to fit before adding more. Once all spinach is added let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until spinach is very tender and flavors have melded. Turn off heat and add in lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt or lemon juice as desired. Serve garnished with minced chili peppers, cilantro, lemon wedges on the side for extra citrus, and basmati rice.
3. SPICY MISO MUSHROOM BOWL
“Turn up the heat this winter with our fiery miso mushroom noodles bowl, where the sizzle of spicy flavours meets the cozy comfort of slurp-worthy noodles, creating a culinary adventure that’s hotter than your favourite winter knit!”
- 1/2tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2cups Organic Mushroom Broth
- 1/2cup water
- 1/4cup miso paste
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/4cup green onion, sliced
- STEP 1-Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add the bok choy and crushed red pepper and cook until the bok choy is tender-crisp.
- STEP 2-Stir in the broth and water and heat to a boil. Remove 1/2 cup hot broth to a medium bowl. Add the miso and stir until the miso is dissolved. Return the miso mixture to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium.
- STEP 3- Add the zucchini and green onion and cook for 2 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4- CREAMY PUMPKIN SOUP WITH CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Take a plunge into winter wonderland with our creamy pumpkin soup adorned with crispy Brussels sprouts — a tasty potion packed with the nourishing magic of pumpkin, warming your soul and fueling your winter adventures!
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger root
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Unsweetened Plant-Based Beverage
- STEP 1-Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake Brussels sprouts on a parchment-lined baking pan for 30 minutes or until crispy on the outside.
- STEP 2-While Brussels sprouts are baking, heat coconut oil in a deep soup pot, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 4 minutes. Add cumin and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, broth and coconut milk and simmer on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- STEP 3-Remove from heat and puree using an immersion blender (or you can use a regular blender or food processor). Serve topped with baked Brussels sprouts.
As we revel in the warmth of these delightful winter vegan dishes, why not take the indulgence one step further with PlantMade’s exquisite range of vegan products? Elevate your winter experience with our rich and aromatic Filter Kaapi and Coffee Caramel Powder, perfect for those cozy mornings and chilly evenings. Or perhaps, savor the soul-soothing essence of our Masala Chai as you watch the snowflakes dance outside.
But the comfort doesn’t end there. With our delectable frozen offerings like Lahori Seekh Kebabs and Momos, you can relish the goodness of a hot, gluten-free treat without any added preservatives, bringing joy to your table and warmth to your heart. Visit our website now to explore the complete range of our winter favorites and savor the season’s flavors without compromising on your love for all things vegan. Let PlantMade be your companion this winter, making every meal a celebration of taste, health, and compassion.”