"Have you ever wondered how a humble grain like rice could transform into a creamy, versatile milk that's changing the way we think about dairy alternatives?"
Well, It is a major player among the plant-based milk alternatives having a mild, creamy flavour making it a versatile choice for various culinary dishes, from organic oats to piquant puddings.
This secret ingredient is changing the way we look at dairy alternatives and is revolutionising our kitchens.
Packed with vital nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin B12, it has great digestible qualities. Generally considered gluten free and low in saturated fat, it completes a dish with it’s delectable flavours. Be it snacky savoury creations to delightful desserts, Rice milk never misses a chance to provide you with a nutritious appetising meal.
Therefore by celebrating its uniqueness and highlighting its nutritional values, lets delve into the world of interesting vegan recipes it can create.
VEGAN RICE PUDDING- A timeless comfort food enriched with creamy texture and subtle sweetness. It is a popular dessert across the globe enjoyed by people of all age groups. Let’s make it in a dairy-free manner upholding the original lusciousness of it along with aligning it to our ethical and dietary values.
One 2/3 cups rice milk
One 400 ml coconut milk [or PlantMade creamer to add that creamy texture]
½ cup rice
1/3 cup coconut-based sugar
¼ tsp. vanilla powder
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Steps to make the recipe-
Preheat your oven to 180 C
- The very first step is to add rice, coconut sugar, vanilla powder, nutmeg and cinnamon into a large proof dish [ which has a lid]
- Add in the vegan rice milk and coconut milk [or the vegan creamer] to it
- Quickly mix everything together using a whisk
- Place the lid and move the pudding into the oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- After first 30 minutes, check the dessert and stir it together using a big spoon.
- Continue to cook while checking and stirring the set mixture every 20 minutes.
- When its properly cooked, remove from the oven and stir together. Pour it into the bowls and serve.
- Garnish it freshly cut fruits like bananas, grapes. Oranges to enhance the flavour.
GLUTEN FREE LEMON COOKIES- A citrusy delight that fills our mouth with tantalizing flavours and our homes with a comforting aroma comes with a tangy twist to the regular sweet cookies. Let’s dive into the quick recipe-
1 cup gluten free baking flour
¼ cup sugar
¾ tsp. baking powder
¼ cup vegan rice milk
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 lemon [ additional lemon zest for garnish]
Steps to make the recipe-
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the baking powder, salt, flour and sugar.
- Add rice milk, lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest and stir continuously to combine and make a soft dough which is non-sticky
- 1 tbsp of dough should be pinched off into a ball and place it on the cookie sheet and gradually try to flatten.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, then allow to cool it down.
- Garnish these with lemon zest and enjoy!
Plant-based cooking is not about limitations, it’s about endless possibilities never explored. Rice-milk being the most versatile plant-based alternative completely backs up the statement. At PlantMade, we offer you with a variety of dairy- alternatives. One such choice is our Vegan Rice milk which is gluten-free, lactose free with no added sugar and preservatives. It can be easily used in the above-mentioned recipes and positively take you one step closer to a healthier diet full of nutrients.