How relaxing will it be to unwind with some sweet tooth savoury after a long, busy day? Are you worried about the dairy products as well as the extra calorie intake, which might be an obstruction to your diet plan?
You deserve to be treated with the best savoury of all time. Still guessing?
Let me give you a little hint that will get you through. With luscious two layers of exquisite vanilla cake filled with rich, creamy vanilla custard and dripping layers of rich chocolate ganache all over it.
You guessed it correct my friend! For all my vegan people and health conscious individuals out there, treat yourself with the delectable slice of Vegan Boston Cream Pie Cake. The ideal dessert with the ideal balance of savour and sweetness. Make every occasion unforgettable and picture worthy with one and only “Vegan Boston Cream Pie Cake-the ultimate showstopper", very popular and loved by everyone.
Boston Cream Pie isn’t a Pie- Why do we call it one?
Do you wonder why we call it a pie when it’s actually a cake?It’s actually a cake. It is a classic American Cake. The nineteenth century saw a lot of baking, with pies and cakes being prepared in the same pans. Within a few years, the terminology was upgraded to a “cream pie", a "chocolate cream pie", or a "custard cake” and now it is known as “Boston Cream Pie Cake”.
Time to Uncover the Formula:
To create this piece of vegan art without the use of dairy products, make sure you got all the plant made substitutes. To start the process,we have to make the vegan sponge first, serving as the base. After the sponge cools, separate it into layers.Next comes the custard, which should be gently stirred to resemble the original's rich, velvety texture.The bottom cake layer must be gently topped with the other cake layer once the custard has been spread over it. Add a finishing touch by letting the chocolate ganache drop from the top. Plate it nicely and serve the best. Bon appetit!
For the sponge:
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon of white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 drops of almond extract
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch\
- 2 teaspoon flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the custard:
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cup of raw cashews
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flour to make it gluten free
For the chocolate Ganache:
1 cup dairy free semi sweet dark chocolate
½ cup coconut cream
1 tablespoon vanilla syrup
1.To make the cake:
- In a bowl mix the unsweetened plant based milk with 2 tablespoons of applesauce,1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil. To sweeten the mixture, add 1 ½ cup of sugar,1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 3 drops of almond extract.
- On the same mixture, add the flour, flax meal, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.Take a help of spatula or a whisk to mix it well with the baking powder and salt and slowly mix both the mixtures.
- A batter will be formed after the mixing is done well.If the batter is too thick, add in 1-2 teaspoons more non-dairy milk and mix in.
- Preheat the cake oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and grease and flour 2 (8 or 9 inch) round cake pans.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes. If you feel more baking to be done, bake it for another 5-10 minutes. Dig a stick into the sponge and check if it comes out smooth, that means it's ready. If the stick comes out sticky, that means baking needs to be done.
- Once the sponge is done, remove it from the oven and cool it down for an hour.Once the cooling is done,you are good to go.
2.To make the custard:
- Soak the cashews in hot water and drain it properly before using it.
- Blend the cashews, water, vanilla, almond extracts, turmeric, sugar, and cornstarch, and flour.for 5 minutes till the time the cashews are blended well.
- Take a saucepan and put the mixture into it.Make sure, it is medium heated and keep on whisking.
- After a few minutes, the custard will start boiling into a thick,lumpy layer. Keep on whisking constantly till it becomes smooth and take it off from the pan.
- Put in the fridge and let it cool for an hour.
3.To make the chocolate ganache:
- To make the chocolate frosting, add the coconut cream and vanilla extract to a small skillet over medium heat.
- Once the coconut cream and vanilla extract starts boiling, with the help of a whisker keep on whisking and mixing well.Then take off heat and Add the chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate is well-melted.
- Firstly, take the sponge out of the refrigerator. Cut the sponges into two slices using a sharp knife.
- Secondly, take the custard out of the refrigerator. Add a thick layer of custard gently on one of the slices.Lay the other slice gently on top of it.
- Thirdly,let the chocolate ganache drip all over the cake and spread it out with a spatula. Also spread it on the sides.
- Lastly, make sure the cake cools down for an hour inside the refrigerator so that the chocolates are set evenly/Serve it on a plate. Enjoy your meal!
Dive into this spectacular vegan Boston Cream Pie Cake with plant-made ingredients, which will not only satisfy your heavenly craving for a dessert but will also help you to opt for a healthy, eco-friendly, and environment-friendly lifestyle, enjoying the pleasures of exquisite culinary creations.
Create this exquisite artwork with the plant-based substitutes provided by only PlantMade. Be the ultimate showstopper with the help of Plant based gluten free Rice milk and give this American delight all the limelight it deserves to be on top.
Not only do believe it's important to prioritise plant-based alternatives, but we also place a high premium on meeting the needs and ideals of vegans.Make every moment special and worth remembering by embarking on this culinary adventure and relish a slice of this exquisite treat with your very trusted go to vegan brand- PlantMade.