Hot oil noodles is a very fun way to cook noodles. It starts with adding all your ingredients in a bowl to make a simple sauce and the topping that off with really hot oil. This oil cooks the ginger, garlic and chili and helps release its aromas. This creamy peanut, hot oil noodles uses our Smooth Organic Peanut butter to elevate the dish and provide a deep nutty flavor.
- Rice noodles-80g
- PlantMade Peanut Butter- 1tbsp
- Garlic, finely minced- 1 clove
- Ginger, finely minced-5g
- Chili flakes-As required
- Maple syrup/brown sugar-1tsp
- Soy sauce-1 tbsp
- water- 2 tsp
- Sesame seed oil/Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp
- Cucumber- Thinly sliced
- Lime Wedges- As required
- Spring onions- To garnish
- Cook the rice noodles, as per the instructions on the packet. Usually, it is recommended to soak them in boiling hot water with the heat off for about 5 minutes or until they are softened. Drain and set aside.
- Make the sauce by mixing the Peanut butter, chili, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, water.
- Heat up the oil until it is smoking hot and pour over the sauce. Be cautious and do not hurt yourself.
- Mix well to form a smooth creamy sauce.
- Toss in the noodles and serve along side a cucumber salad, lime wedges and spring onions.
- Toss thin slices of cucumbers with lemon juice, salt and toasted sesame seed oil.