Kathi roll is one the most popular street foods in India. It originated from the lovely streets of Kolkata and the word Kathi comes from the Bengali word Kati which means thin sticks.
Traditionally, Kathi rolls are made with eggs, chutney, and roasted kebab/ chicken. A roll is prepared by putting the egg on the flatbread and filling it with fillings and chutney.
Nowadays It is so popular in every street of India that everyone tries out their own version of Kathi roll. For vegetarians, the popular version of Kathi roll is the Paneer roll
Let's make the amazing version of the Kathi roll in PlantMade style by using PlantMade`s Vegetarian Anda. It is the easiest recipe that you can enjoy while making it and having it.
Optional: Enrich your roll with protein by using PlantMade Lahori Seekh kebab. Lahori seekh is completely plant based and it is made using plant based ingredients.
- PlantMade Vegetarian Anda
- Sliced onion
- Sliced capsicum
- Tomato puree
- Lemon juice
- Chaat masala
- Make a dough with maida, salt and oil. Take a little portion from the dough and shape it into laccha. Half cooked the laccha on tawa, and kept it aside.
- Make the filling by sauteing the sliced capsicum, sliced onion and tofu with tomato puree.
- Add a pinch of salt to the filling and season it with chaat masala.
- Now, heat the pan and apply a little bit of oil. Pour the PlantMade Vegetarian Anda batter in a pan and allow it to cook on low medium flame.
- Once the egg is cooked slightly, place the laccha paratha on top.
- Flip the paratha and cook till light golden brown color.
- Fill the paratha with the filling, and top with sliced onion, lemon juice, and more chaat masala.
- Form a tight roll and wrap it in an aluminium foil.