Spaghetti carbonara is the recipe where spaghetti is the pasta and carbonara is a sauce. Traditionally in carbonara sauce, onion, garlic, black pepper, egg yolk and cream are added, but we are going to make this recipe in a completely plant-based way by using PlantMade Vegetarian Anda and Non-Dairy Creamer.
What is Spaghetti:
Spaghetti is Italian cuisine. It is in long, thin, cylindrical shape pasta. They are generally made with millet wheat and water. Spaghetti is versatile in nature, it can go with any type of sauce like carbonara, aglio olio, etc.
In Italy, pasta is generally made with durum wheat. Pasta comes in many shapes. Nowadays, different types of pasta are available in the market, some of them are mention here:
Penne pasta is a cylindrical pasta with slanted cut edges. It is usually hard in texture. It goes very well with different kinds of creamy sauces.
As the name suggests, elbow pasta is in elbow shape, it is commonly called macaroni. Elbow pasta pairs well with thick sauce.
This pasta comes in a spiral shape. Due to its spiral shape, this pasta can pair well with fluid the sauce.
Farfalle pasta is shaped like a bow tie. This pasta binds really well with rich cream and tomato sauces.
In this recipe, we make Spaghetti Carbonara in a plant-based way by using PlantMade Vegetarian Anda and Non-Dairy Creamer.
- Boiled pasta
- Black Pepper
- Vegetarian Anda Powder Egg
- PlantMade Non-Dairy Creamer
- Put a decent amount of oil in a hot pan. Add chopped onion and garlic in a hot pan, stir it till you get translucent onion and garlic.
- Add boiled pasta in a pan and add balck pepper, herbs. Mix it well.
- Now, turn off the gas and add a good amount of PlantMade Non-Dairy Creamer. Mix well.
- Add a small amount of Vegetarian Anda Powder batter
- *for veg and batter (for every 15 gms add 60 gms of water, little oil and mix it well in a batter.)
- Add a tiny pinch of salt. Mix them properly.